Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A message from Stephanie Koyano:

I just wanted to pass on some news to those of you who may not know. I
have decided to run a full marathon! I will be running 26.2 miles in
San Francisco on October 19th for the Nike "Run like a Girl" marathon.
I am training with a group who raises money for the Leukemia and
Lymphoma Society and I have met some great people so far. I am both
excited and a little nervous, but am happy to have made the commitment
to such a great cause. My goal is to raise $3,200 for blood cancer
research by the beginning of October and as a result I have a website
that I would like to share with everyone where you can donate if you
would like. Thanks for taking the time everyone! Wish me luck!

The site can be found at: http://pages.teamintraining.org/los/nikesf08/skoyano

--

Read more about this event and check out her website below:

Twenty years ago, a group of athletes from the New York area hired a coach and trained for the New York City Marathon while raising money for blood cancer research. The inspiration for their endeavor was a leukemia patient, Georgia Cleland, the young daughter of the team's organizer, Bruce Cleland. From this effort the seed was planted for TNT, which today trains approximately 39,000 people a year to participate in marathons, half marathons, triathlons and 100-mile cycling events.

Since that first team crossed the finish line, more than 360,000 TNT participants have raised more than $850 million for blood cancer research and patient services. Now, TNT is setting its sights on reaching the $1 billion mark by the end of this 20th anniversary celebration year!

--


No comments: